This is such a lovely way to cook quinoa as it comes out perfectly every time and light and fluffy. Pop in the oven and approximately 20 minutes later done and the best bit is you only have one pan to wash! Sometimes we all need a meal like that and minimal washing up!
Quinoa is such a nutritious food too and rich in protein, is gluten-free and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids.. It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
You may wish to use normal shop bought pesto in this dish or if you are dairy free or vegan i have my own recipe – here is the link https://plantbasedme.co.uk/2019/01/06/gluten-free-dairy-free-vegan-pesto/
Quinoa, Brocoli Pesto Bake (Vegan Option)
- Chopping Board
- oven proof dish
- lemon juicer if preferred
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp pesto you could use normal pesto or if needed vegan pesto or i have a recipe for vegan pesto on this site.
- 1 leek, chopped into pieces
- 1 handful broccoli florets
- 1/2 red pepper
- Place the quinoa in the bottom of a small oven dish.
- Place the pesto on top and then pour on the stock. Give it a stir to combine.
- Then place your vegetables on top and place in the oven at 180'c (fan assisted oven) and 200' non fan for 30 minutes.
- You may wish to cover the dish with foil or i prefer to leave it uncovered and therefore it gives the top of the quinoa some crispy finish which gives some texture. Once cooked stir throught to fluff up the quinoa and serve
- Enjoy! Simple as that.
- Feel free to add cheese if you are not vegan or add vegan cheese or put your own favourite vegetables in here. Would love to know your spin on this recipe!