I love soup, its a great way to increase your veg count, colour and therefore extra vitamins and minerals in your diet. This Carrot and Coconut Soup is bursting with flavour and has a lovely smooth subtle flavour with the added coconut which works well against the spices. This soup is naturally gluten free, dairy free and suitable for vegans. I have made my gluten free seeded crackers which compliments this soup nicely. This soup is naturally gluten and dairy free and suitable for vegans.
Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Chopping Board
- large pan
- wooden spoon
- stick blender or blender
- 1 tbsp oil (your choice) i like coconut oil
- 30 g ginger peeled and chopped
- 1 red chilli deseeded
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 600 g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes or about 600g, peeled and chopped
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 1 400g can of coconut mil
- coriander, chilli or coconut flakes to serve
- heat the oil in a pan and add the ginger, chilli, and spring onions and soften over a low heat. You dont ideally want to colour these just cook them through.
- Add the carrots and sweet potato and allow to cook for 5 minutes
- Add the stock and stir and add a lid and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes and then blend with a stick blender or blender (take care if soup is hot) Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- When serving you may choose to add coriander leaves, chilli or coconut chips.